Thread: Rumours (band)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Mick clearly has a business interest in Rumours of Fleetwood Mac or he wouldn't be actively endorsing and promoting them.
My take on it (and I could be wrong) is that he (or his business partners) saw the existing market for tribute acts and decided to launch their own.

I imagine that if the tribute band is making significant income then they are more likely to be subject to enforcement of the original artists' rights, such as various music royalties and trademark licensing.

I would go see Rumours of Fleetwood Mac if they came to my area -- the performance of Sara on YouTube really captures the vibe of the album track.

There's a Rumours show on a cruise?? Maybe another visit stateside is in order... Do tell us about your experience on the cruise when you get back, David.
I'm a virgin cruiser, and can't seem to find the exact entertainment itinerary for mine (even though I'm 3 weeks out), but people have been posting the "day sheets" of the past few cruises, and there's always been one Rumours night listed. But only one. I'm hoping it isn't sold out.

Because I'm hoping they do Silver Girl...