Thread: 1971-1974
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite being a Fleetwood Mac fan from the beginning, my first opportunity to SEE them in concert wasn't until 1974 (after having tickets to a 1973 concert that turned out to be the BOGUS band...a hip DJ announced that it was NOT Fleetwood Mac that was to appear, therefore I didn't go), so I already was WELL aware of the incarnation I was going to see.

I just kind of wonder how it is that so many people can go to a Fleetwood Mac show without knowing the personnel of the band ahead of time?

I always remember seeing plenty of news regarding each personnel change. I can see that there'd be that "unknown" factor, that "hmmm, I wonder what the new guy/girl will sound like?" thing, but to be totally taken aback because the band has new people seems questionable. I say this mainly from the reaction of folks in 1987 to Lindsey not being in the band...there was TONS of media coverage of his leaving the band. And, even later when the "Time" lineup was on tour, it had been WELL documented at the end of the Behind The Mask tour that Christine & Stevie would be leaving the band; so, to see someone other than Stevie fronting the band should've come as no surprise.