View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's his job You have to let the artist know what you think of it. The sound, the lyric, the arrangment. A producer's job is to get the best out of the artist. All of it.
I don't know if a producer should concern himself with pronouns, but the point is you say something, the other person says go stuff it and that's the end of it. You don't need to talk about it for 10 years straight and include an intense discussion about it in your IYD movie, years after it happened.

Stevie always has critical things to say about Lindsey and he just ignores her. I mean, Lindsey has his moments. He has never gotten over John and Mick asking him to use a pick, which he did for a minute or two, but apparently it scarred him for life. Talk to him for an hour today and he'll probably bring it up again.

But that's his problem. It's not an example of John and Mick abuse by any means. If his Thrown Down critique is an example of his being overbearing towards Stevie in the studio, that's just proof that Stevie has been Ayatollah complaining about absolutely nothing all of these years. She should be able to come up with a better example than that of his controlling, unreasonable ways. If there are other examples of his abuse, why doesn't she give them. The fact that she had to use that very old one in her movie kind of tells me that's all she could think of.

Michele