View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It's as simple as this...It was Stevie's song recorded in Stevie's house (literally) so if at any time she wanted him gone all she had to do was say the word and bye-bye Lindsey...Now if he were to work with Stevie the same way within the frame work of FM great things could happen but as we all know "Overdub" always has to have Stevie's song HIS way and that's the problem...
Agreed, she likes his talent and what he brings to her songs but not EVERY thing he does with them, so when it's her solo stuff she can keep what she likes and change what she doesn't of his contribution.

And that's the key word: she likes when he CONTRIBUTES to her songs, not when he CONTROLS her songs.

I agree the Thrown Down bit was overplayed by her, but again, and it always astonishes me when people forget this-- any of the "documentaries" of them making albums aren't really that REAL folks. They KNOW they are being filmed and they modulate their behavior. Are they going to have those "eff you" screaming fights Ken wrote about with cameras rolling? Uh, no. And if they somehow did, you bet your booty those bits would get edited out. I mean, if you watch the Tusk doc you'd think it was peachy all the time. Well, for one, we never saw anything about Lindsey recording at home or coming in and playing something saying "i recorded this at home" they touched on it but watching it you're left with the impression it was really mostly all done in the studio. You see no fights. Stevie has talked about, and Hernan Rojas who engineered on it has said, that the Tusk sessions could get really bad with both her and Lindsey and her and Mick. You get a wee taste of that in the clip where she's behind Lindsey at the controls in the studio and he kinda rides over her comment about the Mills Brothers and she makes the crazy sign with her hand. But that's hearts and roses compared to what really went on that they and their marketing people didn't put in the final cut.

So I believe her when she says he was a real turd to her in the studio over many years. He seems to have stepped back from a lot of that and acknowledged it, saying on SYW he wanted her to feel comfortable with him in the studio. But she's not having it. Lindsey always likes to talk about "burning bridges" and maybe he burned that bridge so badly in the past it's just too late to rebuild it.