View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
The following comments are made strickly from my point of view and are not based in any way, shape or form on anything John McVie has specifically said anywhere that I am aware of. These comments are strictly my interpretation of how John feels based on watching him in interviews and reading a very limited amount of things he's said on the subject (which I can't quote because I don't have the material). That being said:

It is my belief that John doesn't hate Peter. I think he genuinely hates those who provided Peter with the LSD and whatever other substances he injested in Munich. I think John may be disappointed in Peter for taking the drugs and later leaving the band, but I don't really think he hates Peter. John is very bitter about the fact that Peter was given those drugs and that it had such a devastating effect on Peter. It's my personal belief that John (and maybe even Mick) would have stuck with Peter had it not been for the "Munich incident" and kept the band together, moving more into the vein of "jam band" with a blues vibe to it. Certainly a good number of their songs (Oh Well, Rattlesnake Shake, Green Manalishi, I Loved Another Woman, and others) lend themselves well to "jamming" guitar solos that can go on for ages.

Even today, if Peter were to agree to a session either in the studio or on stage with Mick and John, I think John would jump at the chance.

Again, just my opinion based on watching John in interviews and so on. Nothing concrete to base any of my comments on at all. Just a feeling I have about it.
Yes, McVie's feelings are surely coloured by what happened in spring 1970. Maybe Mick and John would have stuck with Peter, but Peter didn't want to play with them anymore!