View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Interesting, where did you get that info? A long time to bear a grudge. Green doesn't seem so keen on McVie either; unlike Mick he never got in touch or helped him during the hard years.
There was a John McVie Q&A somewhere (not here) covering last year's tour. Someone asked an innocent question about Peter Green, and he goes off about the 1968 wedding with Christine. Using the Ledge Q&A, McVie forgives Green for his "opinions", yet that interview was before last year, and the Green BBC doc. If you use the BBC Peter Green documentary as a reference, John McVie has forgotten quite a lot from almost 40 years past. Mick Fleetwood would recall a moment, and John would say "oh yeah".

There's also a Ledge Q&A where McVie saw Green years later at The American Music Awards, and at the Hammersmith Odeon (year?). Apparently Green said some smart-ass remark, and John left to spend the evening with his family.

Of course don't forget Peter Green's ability to piss off John McVie in public, on stage. This prompted the infamous anti-Semitic comments. I know these two were very close friends. Green was the best man at McVie's wedding! The Mayall documentary interview filmed in 5/69 shows two good friends discussing their friendship, and influence thanks to John Mayall. It's quite possible that during the mid 70's when Christine, and John were about to divorce that Christine dropped the Peter Green night before wedding phone call bomb to John. If I were John, I'd feel betrayed, and quite angry.

Last edited by slipkid; 05-01-2010 at 12:15 AM..