View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

I was always a casual Fleetwood Mac fan, they were just another classic rock band to me. I knew the essential Fleetwood Mac and Rumours songs I heard on the radio. I knew there was two female singers but I only knew about Stevie Nicks. I thought they were in the band at different times because I knew Say You Love Me and You Make Loving Fun was not Stevie Nicks singing.

Sometime in 2009 or 2010 I was in the car with my brother and he had Gypsy on a burned CD and I really liked that song and he told me it was Fleetwood Mac.

Sometime in 2011, I was in the car with a good friend of mine who was a big classic rock/pop buff and Hold Me came on the 80s on 8 station on satellite radio and she said "I love this song." And the satellite radio conveniently puts the song title and artist right on the GPS screen. As Hold Me was playing and I saw that it was Fleetwood Mac, I thought to myself "this is a different sounding song for Fleetwood Mac" because I had only heard Fleetwood Mac and Rumours songs.

I was at my parents house at some point in 2012 and heard Everywhere playing from their sound system in their house. I was unfamiliar with the song but I really liked it. I asked my mom and she said it was Fleetwood Mac. I wanted to hear this song again so I youtubed it and I clicked on The Dance performance of Everywhere and so I kept listening to it and I remembered Gypsy and Hold Me from those other two stories so I youtubed those two and listened to them a lot.

I made a Fleetwood Mac station on my pandora and it played Sara and that was the first time I ever heard that song and it really caught my attention. After that I started listening to all the Rumours era stuff and found that my favorite songs were mostly Christine songs.

By this point it's 2013 and I'm at my parents' house for dinner; my mom is looking at ticketmaster and tells my dad that Fleetwood Mac was going to play here soon and he said he didn't want to go because Christine wasn't with them anymore. I had never really been to a concert before so I didn't really think about going. Christine was also my favorite so I thought "I don't want to see them unless it's all five of them." After a few days I came to the conclusion that I may never get to see them again so I should do it now. I bought tickets and I saw them in 2013 and it was awesome. My seats were 8th row center on the floor, right in front of Stevie.

So I joined the ledge and started following news about the band and stuff. I saw Christine join them in London in September of 2013 and followed the news as it was announced that she was rejoining the band and they were going to tour again. As soon as tickets went on sale I was on ticketmaster and got the same seats 8th row center on the floor. I saw them twice with Christine, the first time was in the fall of 2014 so I got to see Songbird and Seven Wonders. Not only did I find my favorite band in Fleetwood Mac, but they opened my eyes to all the amazing music of that era 60s 70s and 80s. Between 2013 and 2014 I went to see Crosby Stills & Nash, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Hall & Oates, and Steely Dan as well. I somewhat believe in The Secret, for those of you that might know what that is. I definitely agree with Stevie when she said the collective energy of all the die hard Fleetwood Mac fans brought Christine back.

Music has become a sentimental thing for me and it's because of Fleetwood Mac and I'm so glad I got to see them with Christine.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 11-21-2015 at 10:47 PM..