View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Is the general consensus here that In the Meantime is a good/great CD? I was so excited ( no pun intended) when it came out but I only listened to it one or two times. I just couldn't get into it at all. Maybe it's time for me to give another listen.
I played it a few times when it first came out and then barely touched it again for 9 years. A few months ago I dragged it out and put the CD in my car and played it over and over. Its not something I'd ever listen to at home but I appreciate it a lot in the car.
Most are very good songs. A few are really good; Northern Star, Friend, Sweet Revenge, Givin' it Back.
I'm currently liking 'So Sincere'. This quirky line in particular really stands out; 'Funny little white car with the broken light'. For some reason it sounds so unlike Christine. I wonder if there's someone in particular that has a funny little white car with a broken light.
All in all for me it's a good album- her best solo. I think the production could be a bit more exciting though. It's a bit....er, beige.