View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I have been on this board long enough to know what is appropriate and what is not.

Homer, I agree with your positions 98% of the time, however, can you please for the love of god take some responsibility for how your words may come across to others on here? Yes, Stevie ruined the band, the band of all of our lives, not just yours. Yes her voice is shot, yes she lies constantly, and yes she is a joke of her former self. But talking about how many abortions someone has had is in bad taste. In Australia, this is considered incredibly tacky and tasteless. and yet we are still sitting here on this board wondering where all the people have gone, and it's not because of Facebook. It's because the tone and depth of discussion have gone out the window.
I hesitated responding but since I was the one that mentioned not digging the “homo” comment, I’ll weigh in—and then shut my mouth and go away.

I 100% agree that I do not want to read comments about abortions or how many persons someone has slept with. I just don’t. None of that is any of our business. Such of what Stevie had said and done in the last 15 years has really bugged me. But there are lines I won’t cross: comments about drugs, abortions, and sex in these contexts disturb me.

On the other hand, I also don’t want to read “homo” comments.

I loved the goat game because it was silly wordplay that gave a lot of us joy. I happen to dig a lot of the songs I and others “goated”: “Ain’t goat nothing better to do” cracked me up. The absurdity of the image!

So there: I’ve probably pleased no one here saying these things, but I do cherish this group.