View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Many times we find out stories that we've rehashed a million times were wrong all along and I wonder if the Seven Wonders songwriting is one of them i.e. maybe it's as simple as: Sandy heard the recorded song, pointed out Stevie's incorrect lyrics and said "you've made it your own so now you should get songwriting credit". And maybe she insisted as a response to some generous act Stevie had done for her in regards to publishing or songwriting. And so maybe Stevie said: At the most I'll give myself credit for "additional lyrics" so everyone knows the song is YOURS, but I won't take any financial return for songwriting this song.
It's all hypothetical, I know, but my point is: gouging someone for songwriting credit does not fit the personality profile of our girl. She does have an ego; she is unrealistic and tells "untruths" or "inaccuracies" about herself and time frames, but never at someone else's expense, especially in regards to what she knows is the core of most of the luxury she's had in this life: songwriting.
I really believe all this speculation on our part is overblown, and overblown in the wrong direction. Not sure why it took me 13 years as a member of The Ledge to pipe up but there you have it! Lol Ricoh