View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tango In The Night would have been the first album for that lineup without a hit single for Stevie with royalties for songwriting credit, had she not been allocated some credit for writing Seven Wonders.

Stevie is very kind and sweet and lovely and all, but I wouldn't doubt for a moment that she had the foresight to look out for herself since she obviously had no other avenue with Fleetwood Mac for the income a hit single would have generated at that period of time in the music business. I don't see anything wrong with that, though. When I See You Again and Welcome To the Room...Sara certainly were not going to drive up album sales, and didn't stand a chance at being released for a single with a video that got heavy rotation. Just speculation, obviously, as until Sandy or Stevie talks about it, we won't really know.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if the decision was purely one made to financially benefit Stevie, who until then, was an unstoppable source for a hit singles under the Fleetwood Mac name.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case