View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Could it be a case of Stevie overload at that point? Or just SOS POP FM in general?

Alas, I'm such a dinasour from the days of yore that I still long for that special instrumental offering(s) we used to get with nearly every FM project of the past. As noted earlier, not -ONE- since Buckingham took the helm AFAIK! Yikes.
Which is odd, as Buckingham Nicks has two instrumentals....

Quote:
Billy was an obvious choice because he knew the others pretty well.

Maybe because he was also more malleable, you know, more of a no make waves team player?
Maybe a little. But, he was already showing that he was willing to be a team player and that he had the talent to be on the team. But he was not as malleable as Rick Vito. Both, and Bekka for that matter, were a little too passive about fighting for their vision. But then they were going into a situation with very difficult emotions amongst the band. Bob Welch got lucky in that he got three albums before any real expectations were put on his shoulders.

Quote:
Actually, Billy was going to be on the Tango tour even if Lindsey had stayed.

Where did you hear that? Lindsey to spearhead a dual axe attack? Proof or FAIL.
About ten years ago, a very handsome man, now prone to indie rock, asked Billy out-right about it...
Quote:
Okay, a few more questions (though I bet Steve D. by now has already asked a couple of these). I vaguely recall reading somewhere that even if Lindsey hadn't left in 1987, you were probably going to be asked to at least be a backing guitarist/vocalist on the 1987 tour. Is that true? (Steve MacDougall, Columbus, Ohio, USA)

Yes, that is what Mick talked about.

THE Stephen Hopkins