View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Heroes and Mystery are my fav's. Then FG and BT, then Penguin.

Having said that, I love Christine's music on Penguin. Especially the opening track, Remember Me which gives it a vibe.
Bravo! It's nice to see some love for Heroes. I swear that album does not get much love around here.
While there are Chris songs on earlier albums that I like more, she brings 4 aces. Her over all song contribution is stronger than all earlier albums. We get 4 radically different songs. One traditional love ballad. One bluesy scorned song. One angry song. One song that was actually re-edited and released as a single. Even though the title track did not chart, this was a real change. Bermuda Triangle is on this album too. I do miss some of Weston's elements but this album is right up there with Mystery without a doubt. With the band or record company editing and releasing a single shows how much confidence they had in this album. No surprise it was the highest charting pre-1975 album in the states. I love how different all the songs are. I think Chris was proud of it too stating in 1982 she wanted to re-record Prove Your Love with Stevie and Lindsey.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-02-2024 at 05:48 PM..