View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyhelena View Post
I like Taylor... her music's fun, as far as I can tell she's got a sweet personality, and she's become very vocal about feminist issues and sexism in the music industry as of late. And, if you compare her to most of the other female pop stars her age, she's far more 'authentic' as far as music goes- she writes or co-writes all her own music (and by 'co-write' I don't mean that her name is last on a list of five to ten songwriters for every song on an album), and her music is not designed purely for commercial appeal (Katy Perry, anyone?) Oh, and she's pretty well-behaved as well... From what I can tell, a fun night for her involves baking cookies and writing songs and Instagramming videos of her extraordinarily cute cats.
I respect your opinion. but I disagree! This last album is pure pop. If pop isn't meant for purely commercial appeal, then what is? Shake It Off is extremely lazy. Play play play play play, hate hate hate hate hate, shake shake shake shake shake, break break break break break, fake fake fake fake fake, shake shake shake shake shake.

And, I'm just gonna leave this here. Feel free to watch the entire video, or skip to 2:08.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/tay...ate-1626334694
Just a dream, just a dream.