View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Not only did I find my favorite band in Fleetwood Mac, but they opened my eyes to all the amazing music of that era 60s 70s and 80s. Between 2013 and 2014 I went to see Crosby Stills & Nash, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Hall & Oates, and Steely Dan as well. I somewhat believe in The Secret, for those of you that might know what that is. I definitely agree with Stevie when she said the collective energy of all the die hard Fleetwood Mac fans brought Christine back. Music has become a sentimental thing for me and it's because of Fleetwood Mac and I'm so glad I got to see them with Christine.
I know The Secret and enjoyed reading your path of discovering Fleetwood Mac. It's good to know you exploring the various configurations of the band prior 1975. A lot of riches to be found there- from their blues origins, to their middle transitional era of Kiln House to Heroes Are Hard to Find.

It's great that you're finding the value in the works of artists/groups from generations past. CSN, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates??? Impressive taste! All those you cited are in my wheelhouse.

Because there are so many groups/artists I love and follow. I'm an obsessive collector and completest I have accumulated a massive collect over decades. Mostly from the sixties onward. I'm much more selective with newer, current artists now. I can acknowledge young new talent, but they are just not in my demographic interests now. It would be a bit creepy if it was. But's heartening when a younger demographic has the sophisticated ears to look back and see there is more to music than the Taylor Swift/Katie Perry generation.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-09-2015 at 10:42 PM..