View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If I had my choice for a CD release of only one—The Visitor or I'm Not Me—I'd opt for the former, which is an exuberant romp across Ghana. Along with Law & Order, it's one of the giddiest Fleetwood Mac-related projects ever. There's an abundance of joy and love of music making in its African village chants, as well as several inspired covers (Walk a Thin Line, Not Fade Away).

I'm Not Me isn't quite so special because it's a lot more conventional-minded. But there's plenty of tasty stuff on it, too. Angel, Come Home, a Beach Boys song, does them proud in the vocal harmonies department (kicking off the album with a cascade of great singing on the chorus, much the way Love in Store does on Mirage). And Tear It Up, which Mac livened up its sets with in 1990, hits the right rockabilly stride. You Might Need Somebody grows on you with a couple of listenings, creeping along and growing in intensity, reminding you of Christine McVie's One More Night or Over and Over. My favorite, though, is Lindsey Buckingham's I Want You Back, one of the catchiest guitar riffs he's ever written, sports layers of yelping, peppery vocals reminiscent of his production touches on the classic Mac albums.

I hope there's some remastering involved with this CD, but the Amazon site doesn't make it clear.
Are you aware that The Visitor was re-released on CD last year? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...od+The+Visitor

Matt