View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I haven't had an opportunity to watch any of "Freakshow" just yet...but I am greatly looking forward to it!

"Murder House" is still the best. "Coven" is a close second for me. There was just too much going on with "Asylum" (aliens, possession, zombie mutants, etc) and it was a bit too overwhelmingly ridiculous, IMHO.
This pretty much sums up anything I could say. I haven't seen Freakshow yet because I don't have cable, but I am cautiously looking forward to it. I'm not excited about the premise this season- I think any time a show has to pull out the circus card they are showing their dearth of material- but I still have hopes I will enjoy this season regardless.

Murder House will probably always be my favorite. It unfolded beautifully, and kept you guessing until the end. Classic, classic horror.

I don't care what anyone thinks- I adored Coven, too. So what if it was a bit hokey? It combined several of my favorite things into one cinematically gorgeous package: witches, New Orleans, voodoo, Stevie Nicks, Kathy Bates, and Jessica Lange. And to be honest, I enjoyed the lighter mood compared to the endless drear of Asylum.

Speaking of Asylum, I thought it was unwatchable. I tried really hard, but could only force myself to get about halfway through the season. It was all shock & awe gore. Too many themes hyperactively bouncing off each other- Aliens! Zombies! Mass murderers! Nazis! Sexual sadists! Religion & healthcare gone bad! Possession! It was all just too much.