View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
If I could ask Bekka one question it would be about that Gold Dust Woman performance. We know that Bekka got the talk from Chris about certain Stevie songs not to do i.e. Rhiannon, Dreams, etc. Was Gold Dust Woman not on that list? An oversight? Correct me if I am wrong but it was not originally in the set but added in the summer of 95? I cant remember. But how did she get away with performing one of the most identifiable Stevie songs after Chris's talk? Did Mick clear it with Stevie perhaps the Dance talk warmed things up between the two? Did Mick not care at that point and dare Stevie to stop it? Was there a conversation in the band that the audience was not into it unless there was a Stevie song? I am so curious about this.
I wonder if the band (maybe esp Mick?) felt they HAD to include one stevie song in the set...and maybe GDW was the compromise because it was not as well-known as Dreams and Rhiannon? maybe chris only mentioned the 2 big hits to Bekka as something to not do. I mean GDW is identifiable to us as huge Mac fans, but maybe not quite as identifiable to the regular 'radio listener' fan. i'm not sure when they added that to the set. and I thought Bekka actually sang it well, she has a great voice...but for her to do Dreams or Rhiannon , that would have been sort of wrong. as chris knew lol. I wonder if stevie would have really cared about GDW at that point??

as to whether most of the audience was wholeheartedly 'into' *any* of the songs is probably debatable...they sure weren't at the show i was at...

--Lis