View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This IS an excellent and brilliant question. I used to ponder this myself many moons ago when I would watch the Mirage concert. Everyone will have a different interpretation but here is mine. Love is powerful. There is a feeling of being in love and a feeling of being loved. We all want to be in love and be loved. The feeling of being in love is much more powerful than the feeling of being loved. Being in love makes you do crazy things. It can be an intoxicating feeling. The lyric by itself can be seen as selfish. However that is not the case. She is exclaiming that most of all she wishes it for herself. The power of being in love is a giving feeling. She is not saying she wants to be loved. She wishes him all the love in the world. But most of all she wishes it for herself. Its the power of love she is describing. Her giving him love gives her that loving feeling.
So that is how I see what she is exclaiming in the song.

I have watched countless Songbird performances and here is how you can tell a great Fleetwood Mac crowd from a mediocre crowd. When she sings this line a good FM crowd bursts into applause. They do that at the LA Forum and several other places. They get that line. They want Christine to be happy with love and they are showing her love back.