View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
All of what you say is true. IMHO there is an answer to your question why they were able to work with each other all those years but suddenly could not anymore. Something happened that never happened before. Fleetwood Mac was supposed to make an album and then tour. Stevie balked. The band went into the studio and recorded an album but went out of the way to not call it Fleetwood Mac. Had the band not done this I would put my money on Lindsey would have been on that 2018 tour but would not have had an album to promote. For the first time the band went on without her. She did not have the power to stop them. Lindsey touring with Chris really upped the jealousy. If the band had just cancelled their desire to make new music and waited for Stevie for the 2018 tour, I believe Lindsey would have been there. Stevie could not stand to be in the studio with Lindsey anymore. But she would have toured with the Mac. But the band going on and doing something without her and WITH Lindsey was a bridge too far. Her only card she had to throw was this last tour and she chose to say.......him or me.
You nailed it. She was successful in shelving the project going all the way back to 2009/2010. Before the 2013 tour, Lindsey spoke to him and John cutting 8 or 9 tracks together with the hopes of it becoming a band project. A few things came out on the 2013 EP and the rest surfaced on BuckVie. I'll argue that Stevie has barely wanted to do a Fleetwood Mac album going all the way back to her complaining about Mirage in 1981/82. She barely showed up for Tango and had Sandy Stewart write the majority of Seven Wonders.

Let's be real, she resented being forced to do another Fleetwood Mac tour when Christine announced her return. She spoke heavily of taking major time off after the 2013 tour. The "contractual obligation" of the 24k Gold album kind of came out of nowhere and became her primary talking points as the 2014 Fleetwood Mac tour kicked off. She was forced to do an album in two weeks because she was forced to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. Then went out of her way to make sure her team got her on the cover of Rolling Stone in the midst of a Fleetwood Mac tour. If anyone should have been on the cover, it was Christine. The classy thing to do would have been to have the cover photo feature them both together. Christine was her best friend in the whole world, right?

Stevie's resentment and jealousy of the new band dynamics kicked in almost immediately. At the end of the day, the whole thing makes me chuckle because BuckVie will essentially go down as the last record Christine participated in and the last record to feature 4/5ths of Fleetwood Mac. She managed to screw herself out of a giant opportunity and the majority of the press acknowledged that she snubbed the entire band. She has to know she really f*cked up in a way she can never go back and fix, especially now that Christine is gone.

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-28-2024 at 11:43 AM..