View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to agree with Daniel/Spynote. This feels like the vintage Stevie I fell in love with many moons ago and I love it, probably more than any recent album in a long time. IYD had some stand out songs like Annabelle Lee, which I adore, and so did TISL, like Sorcerer and a couple others, but both those albums had such modern overtones, which is great, but it's just so refreshing to have a new vintage Stevie album. I'm already singing along to many of the songs and will likely try and start recording a couple of them in the near future. I think of Jazzmen Flowers when I hear Lady. Some wonderful offerings on this album for serious NOTS Stevie-oake folks.

My hats off and thumbs up to the direction they took with the production of the whole album... it's almost like a rip in the time-space continuum. The background vocal arrangements, many of the piano and keyboard parts, lots of vintage Stevie vocal inflections and tones, it's just fabulous! I'm moving it up there with Bella Donna and Wild Heart.