View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what annoys me about Dave Mason. He is a brilliant guitar player, he has a great voice that has only got better with age, he can really rock, he looks far damn cooler than most artists of his age and he is deeply involved with several charities YET he just doesn't produce NEW music. Time and time again he has released albums that are just him singing various versions of his songs.

We have Live At Perkins Palace, Live At Sunrise, Certified Live, Live on XM Radio, 40,000 Headmen Tour and Dave Mason is Alive and that's just the live albums I can think of. All of them pretty much repeating the same songs over and over again. Hence I have 11 versions of Feelin' Alright by him.

Take a listen to 26 Letters, 12 Notes (one of the best albums of 2008, I think we also got Blue Again and Jeremy Spencer In Session that year) and you can see that Dave can still produce good new music...

The link posted to the rehashed Dear Mr Fantasy is yes, a great track, he sounds great, he rocks and all that. I just wish he put out albums of new material instead of tacking a couple of new tracks on the end of songs we've all heard before.

Last edited by chriskisn; 04-17-2014 at 08:23 AM..