View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will get a load of this news.Sorry if this a dup posting.

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/...uple-of-years/

Mick Fleetwood Hoping Fleetwood Mac Will Release New Album "Within the Next Couple of Years"

9 March 2015

[Courtesy Credit: Danny Clinch] Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album with longtime singer/keyboardist Christine McVie? That’s a question on the minds of a lot of the band’s fans. It’s no secret that the group has started amassing some material for a possible new record, but founding drummer Mick Fleetwood admits it may be a “couple of years” before he and his band mates will have the chance to complete the project since they’re currently focused on touring and will be for some time.

“This whole touring stuff is getting sort of totally, in a good way, out of control,” Fleetwood tells ABC Radio. “We’re going all over the world now, so we don’t quite know how we’re gonna finish this [album] out.”

Fleetwood Mac is in the middle of its second North American tour leg since Christine McVie officially rejoined the band last year. The current trek is scheduled to run through an April 14 concert in the Los Angeles area, and that will be followed by a European outing that runs from late May until the middle of July. The group also is expected to visit other parts of the world before wrapping up the tour.

As for the new music Fleetwood Mac has been preparing, Mick tells ABC Radio, “We’re building up this whole sort of dossier of material, a glut of stuff.” He explains that singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham “has a great chunk of wonderful songs, [most of which are] pretty flushed out and finished,” adding that the band also has “been in the studio with Christine in months gone by [and that] worked out amazingly well.”

Fleetwood says the only element that really is missing from the project is some new original songs from Stevie Nicks. For her part, Nicks told ABC Radio late last year that she was unsure whether, after the band wrapped up its tour, she would be willing to keep her solo career on hold and “sign up for another year of making a record.”

And what are Mick’s feelings about the chances for a new Fleetwood Mac album? “I hope it happens,” he says. “My inclination is, the music will not be wasted. It will come out one way or another. And I truly hope, and I quietly believe it will be Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie will do some lovely stuff and within the next couple of years we will get that done.”

Here are the remaining dates on Fleetwood Mac’s current North American tour:

3/11 — North Little Rock, AR, Verizon Arena
3/12 — Oklahoma City, OK, Chesapeake Energy Arena
3/15 — Charlottesville, VA, John Paul Jones Arena
3/17 — Greensboro, NC, Greensboro Coliseum Complex
3/18 — Nashville, TN, Bridgestone Arena
3/21 — Miami, FL, American Airlines Arena
3/23 — Orlando, FL, Amway Center
3/25 — Atlanta, GA, Philips Arena
3/27 — St. Louis, MO, Scottrade Center
3/28 — Kansas City, MO, Sprint Center
3/31 — Wichita, KS, INTRUST Bank Arena
4/1 — Denver, CO, Pepsi Center
4/4 — Vancouver, BC, Canada, Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
4/6 — Bakersfield, CA, Rabobank Arena
4/7 — Oakland, CA, Oracle Arena
4/10 — Inglewood, CA, The Forum
4/11 — Las Vegas, NV, MGM Grand Garden Arena
4/14 — Inglewood, CA, The Forum

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.