View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I agree, but the answer is in Warner Bros. They maybe not reached the expected numbers. Maybe the revenue didn't covered the cost of edition, production, logistics, distribution, etc. At the end it's a matter of business, specially for the record company. If they didn't get enough revenue, why to continue on this unsuccessful idea? Record companies (as ALL business) think in terms of $, not fans.
Hmmm...WB (or subsidiaries of WB) re-issued remastered versions of entire catalogues by:

CSN(&Y)
Genesis
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Eric Clapton
Cream
Buffalo Springfield
Elvis Costello (ok, so exactly how MANY times has his entire catalogue been reissued? First Sony, then Rykodisc, then Rhino (a WB Co), now who?)

You can't tell me that Fleetwood Mac doesn't belong in that group...I would think that Fleetwood Mac reissues would outsell just about every one of those groups except LZ.

The only hold up, that I can think of off the top of my head regarding the entire catalogue is because everything prior to Heroes Are Hard To Find are still under "ownership" of Clifford Davis. But, still, that doesn't mean they can't move forward with all the post-Tusk albums, too.

Instead of the never ending new ways to repackage Greatest Hits & Best Of... & VERY Best Of... compilations, try redoing the catalogue and see if the total catalogue sales numbers don't exceed any one of those "hits" packages.

Last edited by chiliD; 02-01-2011 at 06:16 PM..