View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
. . . I only meant that the chances of live Bluesbreakers in 1967 on the Beat-Club show was looking unlikely to me.
i'm definitely with you on this, becca! you have to remember that the so-called blues boom hadn't really arrived in germany yet - as a boom as such. the first blues artist to appear on "beat-club" was b.b. king in '68, with only canned heat following in the same year. and it gradually went on from there. so john mayall's first appearance on the programme had to wait until january 1970 (the start of the colour broadcasts) in an - admittedly - somewhat blues-drenched show featuring amongst others humble pie, free, juicy lucy,colosseum, and canned heat.

concerning the mac i was always very disappointed by the fact that they only appeared on 2 shows, with "man of the world" being the well-known playback affair only. and it's a pity that both (broadcasted) appearances have been spoiled by wide-angled camera perspectives or other optical gimmicks.

on the other hand: what about the uk and the u.s. - does anybody have a clue about a time and place of john mayall appearing on tv for the VERY FIRST TIME EVER? please, correct me if i'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge the first moving pictures of any bluesbreakers line-up date from '68 with mick taylor. so i'd be more than surprised should there be anything floating around with our green god in the mix!