View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I saw the podcast. Pretty accurate critique. The major weakness here is that Christine is not really present (or audible) on Buckingham’s songs, and Buckingham’s presence on “Game of Pretend” mars an otherwise moving, effective performance by Christine.

One note: there IS an extra Christine track that she wanted to put on the record. “I had high hopes for that song,” she said in a promotional interview. “We’ll use it for the next project,” Lindsey replied. My guess is that he didn’t want to use more than five of his songs on this project and was hoarding tracks for his ensuing solo album. To have six Christine songs to his five wasn’t going to fly either (Lindsey can get insecure). So, we get ten concise songs. I wish there were twelve.
I pretty much block out Lindsey's vocal on Game of Pretend chorus. I don't get that voice he uses on his solo recordings. It's weird because I hear Christine on Lindsey's songs, but most posters here say they can't.

I think it would have been cool to have the ten tracks and then a deluxe edition with two tracks or even the one you mentioned by Christine. Lindsey had Hunger and Ride This Road to my knowledge recorded before they started work on this record.

The silver lining is they performed 8 songs from the album at every concert. Nobody does that. Even Springsteen maxes out at 5 these days. I don't know of other seniors who do that many. Madonna did when she toured nw music but she's on a jukebox tour now.