View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My question is when did Christine Perfect run off the stage and announce her retirement?

Mick said her retirement only lasted three months, which would have been some time in April, 1970.

Now, the conspiracy theorist in me notices that Peter Green announced he was leaving the band on April 11, 1970. It makes me wonder if the two things were connected?
I don't think she announced her retirement on the same night as she ran off the stage (and then had to come back on and finish lol)... and I'm not sure I'd trust mick's memory to be 100% accurate anyway... but this time period is confusing because I think her solo album was recorded in 69 and 70 and was released in June 1970..? But according to her and the other band members, she was sitting around doing nothing at that time besides making tie-dyes, cooking and smoking weed. so maybe the solo tour/retirement was earlier in the year, *before* the album release? so if we assume mick is correct, that would make her tour end in April, like you said.

But what made you think it was related to Peter leaving?

--Lis