View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
That's right! I forgot about John's uncredited contribution to the music.

I love that you a repository for all-things John! It helps us place things in context. Molly was born in 1989? Wow--he became a father rather late. As did Lindsey. Glad they both found that joy after years of the rock-n-roll life...
LOL yes I suppose I am that repository. i love him to bits. and yes he was a late in life dad...by 1989 he and Jules had both gotten themselves together a bit more... although he still had rough patches after that as well. when he first started writing me in 1995 he loved to talk about Molly. seemed to be a very involved dad.. at that point--after the release of Time, which flopped, and that whole tour-- that's really all he was doing! that and sailing.

In my basement is a framed email from him which to this day blows my mind every time I read it. To have this guy who I adored from age 12 (him and Chris were always my favorites...) #1 congratulating me on the birth of my child, and #2 telling me the rumours of a fleetwood mac reunion were 'not far off the mark' and that they were all talking, and he hoped it was gonna happen...ay dios mio. talk about surreal.

--Lis