View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Have to agree with Greenmanastrat concerning Fool No More. It has much more of the anger that Sharksfan seemingly dislikes compared to the In The Skies Version. I reckon that I would feel the anger too when I conclude for myself that I won't be that fool no more either. But....each to his own opinion, with al respect. BTW just listened to the Middle Earth Club version. Awful recording, but Peter's tone was outstanding.
Wouter, it's not that I don't like the Mac recording of "A Fool No More". The lyrics certainly suggest a tone of anger would be appropriate - Peter does a fine job of it there and I like it quite a bit. But I was stunned at how he turned the whole feeling of that song upside-down with the In the Skies version. His vocal and playing on that carry so much more emotion to me.... it reminds me in a way of Peter's first masterpiece, "Out Of Reach" (and as Vinnie mentioned, "Love That Burns", as well as other slower, down-beat numbers like "Worried Dream" and "All Over Again"). But of course as with many blues (and other) songs, what carries an emotional connection with one person may not do that with another.