View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I dig into the word "journey" that implies sort of a long road or long travel which can be interpreted to that long relationship they had. I have an obsession about both Nights In Estoril and Bad Journey for their vivid description of places. Chris was with Eddy for awhile which could be another clue for all the places she was with him at while in the States. She was living in England when the song was written yet all the places on this "journey" are in the states. Their relationship ending came at the worst time in her life. She was retired and needed that rock and stability to help her transition.
I think her issues with him were a big part of her decision to move away and retire in the first place. and he sure wasn't a rock or providing stability in the latter half of that marriage. George Hawkins told me Ed was really pressuring her to *not* be involved with the band and tour anymore, etc....which is weird because he was screwing around all over the place whenever she was away. So then I think he just started doing it when she was home! but he was giving her ultimatums like, 'I won't be here when you get back' if she had continued on the tour. and she caved to him.

He also was not a fan of her 'lifestyle' of constant drinking, which I suppose I can understand, but on the other hand he should have known what he was marrying because she had alcohol issues from the day he met her, just like I assume she knew of his playboy reputation. I'm sure his behavior did not help her drinking, which probably made him feel validated in doing what he wanted. It was a vicious cycle.

I suppose we always think we can change people, but that doesn't usually happen.

--Lis