View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Careful viewing of the “Playboy After Dark” footage would seem to indicate that the band had played live, but that the way it was edited left it not entirely in sync.
At the very end of the number, after the last of the vocals, it does not appear as if Fleetwood’s drumming is matched to the music – there are multiple cymbal shots and he can be seen bent over his tom-toms, just pounding away –
The shots of Artie Johnson with his head against the amps were also most likely shot separately – he cannot be seen on stage in any of the wider shots of the band playing (though that could also be due to dancers on the set)

There is also a brief segment, which I don’t believe is easily found on line, where Hefner, with Barbie Benton by his side, along with Don Adams and Artie Johnson bids the audience “good-night” until next week and ‘Albatross’ is heard playing in the background –

Between all of the talk, the briefness of the clip and the sound quality, it is impossible, (for me, anyway) to tell if it was the record playing or if they might have also taped the band performing that number also and went with the two more high energy numbers, ‘Rattlesnake Shake’ and ‘Coming Your Way’ instead (which would make sense to me)

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder