View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
1. Her tour hasn't been interesting in years
2. Her recording output hasn't been interesting in years..24K Gold is 10+ years old already

3. She's obscenely arrogant
4. She completely screwed the ending of Fleetwood Mac....for literally everyone. The band and the fans.
5. Her team continues to promote her as the prolific songwriter legacy act.

That's why people are perhaps a little cyical.
I don’t disagree with anything here, except #4. The music is what makes their legacy in my eyes, so nothing can take away from that. Obviously you feel differently and that’s fine. I still stand by what I said though- if Stevie released a new album, some folks would complain about how bad it is; if she doesn’t release a new album, many of those same people would complain she’s not releasing anything new. Hence the no-win conundrum.

Personally I’m ok if she never releases a new album. There were maybe 3 songs I liked from In Your Dreams, and none from 24 Karat. I also disliked every new song she recorded or appeared on since, like the one called My Hand, Show Them the Way, and For What It’s Worth, except for the Maroon 5 song. So if she is dried up creatively, I don’t blame her for not recording a new album.