Thread: Holiday Road
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Did you all know Lindsey played or programmed all the instruments on Holiday Road and is the sole vocalist? He is credited on the track with the following-

Lead and backing vocals, electric guitars, bass guitar, keyboards, Fairlight CMI, percussion, Linn LM-1 programming, Roland 909 programming.

I often wonder if it was Lindsey's need for total control that necessitated him being the sole player on so many tracks, or was it his snail pace working preference that drove his lack of collaboration, as booking 3 or 6 hour sessions are near impossible at his work pace.

I sometimes think about how good Lindsey's solo work may have sounded backed by LA session legends like Nathan East on bass, Greg Phillinganes on Keyboards, and John Robinson on drums.

His most frequent solo album contributors were John and Mick.
Did he not also play just about everything on Go Insane? I seem to remember when he was on Rockline in 1984 this was brought up. Technology was making it easier for him to play all these parts.
Even the song Trouble he sampled Mick's drumming because he did not like the way Mick's drumming turned out. The song is a 4 second loop of Mick's drumming and Lindsey added the additional percussion parts.