Thread: Holiday Road
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
In the same way that Stevie loves sitting at her piano at home with her candles and incense and songwriting

I would venture to say that any of us who buy ourselves a keyboard workstation with thousands of complex sound effects on it love to do that very thing: use it by ourselves without any preconceived plan or agenda. We just start pressing buttons, turning knobs, and hitting the keys, and then we look up out the window and it’s already sunset. It’s exactly like painting, or writing.
Pounding out her F and G chords(apparently the only two chords $he knows) for infinity?

I HATE that there are a million versions of "the same" sound on keyboards now. When I buy a new one, I DO spend an evening going through them, and assign them to the user banks, "okay, THIS is my Rhodes sound...THIS is my organ sound". I hate that there are 45 Rhodes sounds to choose from...so I pick one, and that's it.