View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree in part. No dispute that Lindsey polished the band into a hit maker. However Come A Little Bit Closer shows the growth of the band and especially Chris. Songs like this, Silver Heals, and the title track are much more poppy and mainstream compared to earlier Mac albums with Bob and Chris. For example, Come A Little Bit Closer would have really stood out on Bare Trees or almost not fit. With each album release they were getting more American pop. Sometimes I wonder if Bob would have stuck around for another album, what Say You Love Me would have sounded like. IMHO it would have sounded not far from the Buckingham/Nicks version. Granted it may not have been as slick and may not have even been a hit. But the band (mostly Chris and Bob) where harmonizing into blusey pop.
Add to that, Keith had more to do with the sound of the White Album than LB. He really melded MickVies to the B/N equation so nicely. Which was the perfect set up for Rumours and the sounds Ken and Richard made a lot tougher.