View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
In the pre-Dance mid '90s Stevie who usually loves to boast about her opulent lifestyle was crying poor mouth saying in an interview that she used the royalties from the then wildly popular Smashing Pumpkins cover of Landslide to repair her swimming pool.
Yes. There is an interview with Stevie promoting Street Angel on some radio station on youtube. The DJ asks why there was no video for her current single and her response really showed how terrified she was of the future. She said making a video costs lots of money and someday she may be downsized living in a one bedroom apartment wishing she would not have spent that kind of money on a video.
You could sense her unease of for the first time in her solo career a record tanked and her tour was not drawing huge numbers. She also did not have a Fleetwood Mac career anymore. She had never experienced anything like that before. Her touring on a bus tells you everything you need to know. She probably had not toured on a bus since her Buckingham Nicks days.
The Dance changed everything and cash grab tours now made more money than they ever dreamed of.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-01-2024 at 03:01 PM..