View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I wonder if the band (maybe esp Mick?) felt they HAD to include one stevie song in the set...and maybe GDW was the compromise because it was not as well-known as Dreams and Rhiannon? maybe chris only mentioned the 2 big hits to Bekka as something to not do. I mean GDW is identifiable to us as huge Mac fans, but maybe not quite as identifiable to the regular 'radio listener' fan. i'm not sure when they added that to the set. and I thought Bekka actually sang it well, she has a great voice...but for her to do Dreams or Rhiannon , that would have been sort of wrong. as chris knew lol. I wonder if stevie would have really cared about GDW at that point??

as to whether most of the audience was wholeheartedly 'into' *any* of the songs is probably debatable...they sure weren't at the show i was at...

--Lis
I agree that is the logical assumption. Its still funny AF that Chris had to sit Bekka down and give her notice about Stevie songs. It would be ridiculous for Chris to list every song Stevie did in concert. You would just think they were all off limits. But maybe not. When Bekka spilled the beans earlier this year about that talk with Chris I wish the interviewer would have followed up about GDW. I have a vague recollection about Stevie saying in an interview she was concerned they were going to perform her songs. Its quite possible she gave the band permission to perform it.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-01-2024 at 05:50 PM..