View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Daniel Link Covers Save Me A Place

Music Industry News Network, Click here to listen:

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=153871

The only song on "Book of Shadows" not penned by Link, "Save Me A Place" serves as a companion song to the track "The Spell", while also paying homage to the band that inspired Link to become a songwriter. Origanly appearing on Fleetwood Mac’s 1979 release "Tusk", the song was writen by Lindsey Buckingham and is for the most part considered a lesser, obscure cut from the band’s otherwise vast catalog of classic hits. Daniel’s take on "Save Me A Place" brings the song into 2012 with a wall of acoustic guitars, more tempo and a hooky Fender solo backed with 4 part harmonies supplied by Vince Bell and Catfish Hodge. “I knew we were onto something after we layered all the guitar parts onto the track…but what pushed it to the front as a lead single were the vocal parts Catfish and Vince did. I knew it was great. Jono was reluctant to make it the first single simply because I’m a singer songwriter and we have plenty of my own songs to choose from to release first…but the thing that I stand by is that "Save Me A Place" IS my song…we made it a Daniel Link song, not a faithful Fleetwood Mac cover.”