View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I think Lindsey would have 100% been on board with broadening the setlist for a 2018 tour, he just would push for the 75-87, 97+ stuff that they did together.
And that’s the problem. The main point of the 2018 tour, at least initially, was supporting the 50th Anniversary compilation. That’s what the tour was supposed to be about.

I get Lindsey doesn’t like playing the older material beyond “Oh Well,” but this was supposed to be a career-spanning retrospective tour.

Granted, anything interesting was gone by the end of the tour, at least some stuff got dusted off.

Quote:
Look no further than the BuckVie tour where they did unearthed Wish You Were Here for its live debut 35 years after it was released and never played the most obvious LB/CM song: Don’t Stop (and World Turning for that matter).

Putting the stale setlist on Lindsey is laughable.
Okay, but Stevie also dusted off a lot of rarities (like “Crying In The Night”).

I’d never blame any single person for the stale setlists. There were very strong competing visions for the band. Stevie wanted to go vault, Lindsey wanted new. Neither especially wanted to do the stale setlists, but it was probably the easiest way for the band to get out on the road.

However, if Lindsey is going to pound his chest about being the band’s musical director and be firmly committed to using prerecords, then the buck stops with him and he should be prepared for the inevitable criticisms.

THE Stephen Hopkins