View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I just revisited what I wrote and I did kind of contradict myself. I said Fleetwood Mac album when I meant tour.

The band settling quickly had nothing to do with how much they wanted him out - it's because they literally had no case. Had it gone to court, they would have lost. Then they would be paying out Lindsey PLUS all the legal fees of going to court.
Got it, I see what you mean now.

I absolutely agree FM had no case. If I recall correctly, and if it was true, all the contracts for the tour had been signed, and then Lindsey was fired. He should have been paid for that tour, legally and morally. I don’t think if they had gone to court it would have hurt their reputation that much- I mean, this is a band that had rampant drug use, alcoholism, affairs within and outside of the band, members that left for cults, etc, etc. I agree nasty stuff would have been alleged, and by both sides, but I don’t think those allegations would have shocked the public. “Lindsey smirked at me; Stevie didn’t like it that I wanted Say You Will to be a double album; Lindsey treated me differently than he would have Bob Dylan; Stevie refused to record with us and just wanted to tour for the money.” I mean, it’s definitely petty but hardly going to outrage the average person.