View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes. According to Mick, it was just finishing the Tusk tour. Or at least it's when he learned about it:

Less than a month after the end of the Tusk tour, I realized I was in trouble with the rest of the band.

By this time, other managers began to enter the picture. John, Chris, and I were still with Mickey Shapiro, but Stevie had signed with the tough industry mogul Irving Azoff, who managed the Eagles at the time, to represent her with regard to her looming solo career. Lindsey was with somebody else.

The sh** hit the fan at a business meeting held to overview the Tusk tour with reference to the European leg. This turned into a vitriolic review of my behavior and management skills. The basic complaint, of course, was that we'd been on the road for eight months and hadn't made much money.
I’ve always thought it was suspect that Mick glossed over that period- he used the excuses like putting grand pianos in hotel rooms, or repainting the rooms, etc. but we all know it was just as possible he was just as bad with the band money as he was with his own. Or maybe he was deliberately taking a little extra? And notice how he says the meeting was about his “behavior” as well as management skills, but never elaborated what those behaviors were.

Those would have the kind of details I’d love to read about.