View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick in NZ

Apologies if posted, but a Mick & Chelsea article from NZ, see link for photos.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/c...ard-experience

It's pretty cool sitting just inches away from a superstar.

That's what Anna and Luc Desbonnets got to do when they had a surprise visit from Mick Fleetwood and his partner Chelsea Hill.

The famous couple were able to go off the grid on Waiheke Island when the Desbonnets opened their boutique vineyard at Frenchman's Hill Estate for a private tour.

Mick Fleetwood chats to vineyard owner Luc Desbonnets as they drive down to the spiritual wetlands at Frenchman's Hill Estate on Waiheke Island.Anna Desbonnets
Anna Desbonnets said she and her husband gave their guests a backyard experience on November 17, including a wine tasting, which they loved, and a plate de jour of treats.

"I also showed them the guest house and Chelsea loved all our vintagey crafts in the gift shop."

But it was a tour down through the vineyard to the bottom of the property on a Kawasaki Mule that was the highlight for both of them, Luc said.

Mick Fleetwood enjoyed scouring the Frenchman's Hill Estate boutique gift shop for gifts, Anna Desbonnets says.Luc Desbonnets
"The wetlands are the spiritual heart of our property. I told them about the rich cultural history of the site – the Maori history as given to me by the elders.

"They were very moved by the experience. And they loved the Anton Forde sculpture we just installed.

"They told us they loved the island and the people here, and I could see they were really relaxed when they left.

"It must have been nice for them to enjoy some privacy out of the public glare in a beautiful place."

It is understood Fleetwood and Hill stayed for two nights on Waiheke Island and enjoyed some shopping in Oneroa village as well as dinner at Mudbrick as part of their experience.

And the Desbonnets have a special treat to look forward to.

They already had tickets to the Fleetwood Mac concert at Mount Smart Stadium on Saturday night.

But now Mick Fleetwood is expecting them in the dressing room after the concert.

"It's going to be a wet one, but going backstage will make up for the rain," Luc said.