View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Question 1984 solo tour dates

I need some help solving a mystery. I have always been curious and wanted to know all the Christine 1984 solo tour dates. This tour was under the radar and did not have great attendance in some cities. I don't know if some dates were cancelled. This was pre-internet so it makes tracking such dates even harder. I grew up in western PA in an area they call the "Tri-state area." Its only about 90 minutes to West Virginia or Ohio. I could even get a Morgantown WV radio station. I distinctively remember Chris's tour being announced at Charlston WV. I was 14 and I remember wishing I was old enough to drive and had a car because I would have taken the long drive to Charlston, WV. I cannot find any information online that concert ever happened. No reviews no advertisements. I even found a link to a list of concerts in Charlston in 1984 and Chris was not on it. Was it such a blip that it was forgotten about or was it cancelled? Another oddity is where her tour started. On March 14, 1984 Christine McVie was one of the lead features on Entertainment Tonight. They announced the Fleetwood Mac member was hitting the road as a solo artist. It was quite the segment and showed Chris and her band on stage. Her hair was blown out and she had all these flowers on her mic like the Mirage show. She had that side pony tail in her hair too. They showed people up to the stage so was this an actual concert which it surely looked like or was it a tour rehearsal? For some reason my memory thinks it was in CA and possibly San Francisco. The E.T. segment is a factual thing and you can see the date online but no clips available but i remember watching it in real time and getting excited because in less than 2 months she would be in my town. Of all the dates you can find online, she plays only 1 show in CA? That would make no sense since CA was sort of a home base for her. Fleetwood Mac was a west coast kind of band. Here are the only dates I could find online. Does anyone know anyone that was at a show that is not listed? I am not counting the Country Club since it was not part of the tour. However is it possible E.T. was using the Country Club footage while announcing the tour? Its possible but she has no flowers on her mic and she has no pony tail in that show. But would not Chris make more than one stop in the major market of CA? I know this is a long shot, but anyone has info please share.

April 16, 1984 – Fox Theater, Atlanta, GA
April 28, 1984 – Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE
April 29, 1984 – Des Moines Civic Center, Des Moines, IA
April 30, 1984 – Uptown Theater, Kansas City, MO
May 4, 1984 – Performing Arts Center, Milwaukee, WI
May 5, 1984 – DeVos Performance Hall, Grand Rapids, MI
May 9, 1984 – Agora, Cleveland, OH
May 11, 1984 – Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA
May 13, 1984 – Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA
May 14, 1984 – Beacon Theatre, New York, NY
May 18, 1984 – Six Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ
May 19, 1984 – Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA