View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
For a musician like Christine, who was a road warrior, this tour was extremely short. And only one California date?

I attended the San Antonio show on June 11. The concert was phenomenal, and the sound was great! But - The theater was half empty and ticket sales were dismal. The show received very little promotion. Her booking agent should have been fired.
In Pittsburgh it was heavily promoted. Her concert was promoted up and down the music dial: Rock stations, pop stations, and adult contemporary stations and still had a very poor showing. I can still remember the radio drop promoting the concert. "Its going to be hot night in the Steel City, Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac. Then bits of Got A Hold On Me, You Make Loving Fun, Hold Me, One In A Million, Dont Stop, Love will show us how and Over my head were played. I don't think the issue was promotion. Chris was very low key and the caliber she was you would think she could have played arenas. But she had none of Stevie's shtick. Someone with that music catalog and hit records, Grammy winner, and current hit album and songs was confusing it did not have a big lure. I noticed she played several amusement parks which is an easier way to fill seats. It was sad that in that article I posted a few months ago before her Ft Lauderdale show she said she thought there would be more people

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-03-2024 at 05:47 AM..