View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Interesting. That makes me think, again, that the fear of flying was real, but not the main reason she left the band in 1997.
Chris was more loyal to Fleetwood Mac than anything. By 1990 the road was wearing on her. Besides her fear of flying she could not sleep in a different bed each night so she said she would drink a bottle of wine to fall asleep. Then she was hung over the next day. She was older and the lure of being on the road no longer appealed to her so much. IMHO it shows how much her state of mind was the main reason for giving it up after The Dance. For the first time ever, she said NO to Mick Fleetwood. Was the band only asking for 20 or 30 European dates? I cant remember but it was not something HUGE and she said NO and don't ask me again. IMHO you can see it in her face on the Dance she was not having that much fun. She loved performing but the travel was just too much for her. This is all the reason why her return so many years later was so special. She became a road warrior again doing 3 tours upon her return and 2 of them world tours.
She also said the 1994 CA earthquake really accelerated her return to England. Her house was complete or near completion at that point. She is truly an inspiration to everyone. At her age to over come her fears and hit the road in such an aggressive way was surreal.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-03-2024 at 12:50 PM..