View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
BECAUSE he was suing them over royalties(at the time) that they hadn't paid him!
Yes, right. But it looks like Wendy is also trying to suggest a deeper antagonism and saying that Christine was jealous of Bob's solo album success, which seems unlikely.

If she didn't want him in the RRHOF, I think it was probably because she thought he falsely accused her of cheating him, not because she wished she'd enjoyed the solo success he had. That claim seems rather spurious, especially when you consider the timing. Bob's last solo success came in 1979. How is it likely that she would be bummed that her album didn't do as well as his when hers came out years after? "Man, I'm sure fuming because Gotta Hold On Me and my album have tanked and I cannot reach the heights Bob attained five years ago!" Why would she even think to compare her solo efforts to his, when his peak was long over by that time? It's not like Christine rushed to put out her own album to try to compete with him. She only did a second solo album because of the break in FM action. I don't think solo success was an aspiration of hers. Although we do know that she admitted minding never having a number 1 single ala dreams.

I don't think she thought solo success was favorable to success within the band. I think it is more probable she might only be envious if, for instance, she had never had a single within FM that did as well as Ebony Eyes. But turns out, she did have one or, er, two.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-17-2013 at 04:37 AM..