View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If you look at the track listing for IYD on wikepedia, Dave Stewart wrote virtually ALL the music for Stevie's new songs. The only music she is credited is a for older songs she brought in. So knowing this I assume they are in the studio fleshing out the songs, while Dave is writing the music.
I think you are absolutely right. I rewatched Destiny Rules last night, and that's exactly what she did for Say You Will, too. The rest of the band was recording Lindsey's and some of Stevie's older songs, meanwhile Stevie was off recording her own demos outside of Fleetwood Mac to bring some fresh product to the band. Stevie reiterates this multiple times when the documentary is starting. She even insists on playing her own demos to the Warner Bros executives first vs Lindsey's complete Fleetwood Mac tunes.

So it's my strong feeling that Stevie is simply getting some fresh product ready to bring to Fleetwood Mac. That's why Dave said he was working with Stevie on a new Fleetwood Mac project and not album. She may detest recording with Lindsey, but I don't think she'd avoid it, either. Also, another thing watching Destiny Rules again last night taught me: it seems like the big issue with Say You Will wasn't necessarily the recording process being unpleasant. Stevie & Lindsey actually seemed to get along great for the most part. The big, ugly battle was chosing the tracking order. I kind of doubt that'll be an issue this time around, given Christine's presence.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 04-25-2014 at 08:38 AM..