View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I've always assumed that was dennis's boat. but people with money can always have access to boats lol.

did you see Adelie in the 70s/early 80s? I think he upgraded to a bigger one around 1980 or 81 maybe? no, the previous owner thinks it was around 78 or 79, i just checked.

I actually chatted a few times w the guy i mentioned above who sold John his second boat. The Challenge. he said he'd just made the decision to sell it, and had it docked in marina del rey for not too long and one day john approached him with a few friends to ask about it. the guy sold it to him under the prerequisite that he'd teach him how to sail it, because it was larger than Adelie, and john agreed. so this guy got to spend a lot of time w the mac (and sampled all their accompanying substances and party aids lol) on that boat. he said he met all the members of the group because they were all on that boat at some point or another partying together. didn't have too many specific memories, since the events never began without some serious drugs lol. but he went w john around newport beach, and to hawaii. he was like a pirate lol, i think he was australian. interesting character.

--Lis
"Let me teach you how to sail this boat because it's bigger and trickier but let's all do it high"