View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
From what I heard, it was not long at all. Maybe a few weeks? she may have lasted a little longer if not for the stroke. But she was able to be at home for nearly all that time and they brought in help.

Also heard she kind of leaned towards holistic type care and maybe did not get medical tests done or check out possible concerns until it was already too late, by then it had spread everywhere. You would think with what happened with John she might have been more on top of that but i guess we all make our choices.

One of my friends recently lost her mom to an aggressive form of lung cancer. she was diagnosed with it after having some chest pain and then was gone two weeks later, there was no treatment that would do any good and the decline was *really* fast. just mainly palliative care at that point, to keep her as comfortable and as pain free as possible. anyway that all made me think very much of what happened with chris...like it was enough time to get your people around you and maybe make some final decisions about certain things. is that better than lingering and worrying for months? I don't know. maybe.

--Lis
I suppose the short time frame is good? I'd personally like 3-6 months notice. To give away important belongings, etc...

I've had a couple friends die of cancer, and chose holistic care. They didn't seem to last as long as people who chose traditional medical treatment. But if it's definitely terminal, I agree, it's just a matter of personal choice. My mom's oncologist said that women are usually the ones who fight, and choose chemo/ radiation. Men are the ones who say, "I'm not doing that stuff", and just bide their time.