View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
i never really got that vibe... if she knew she was dying, would releasing a CD be foremost on her mind? i think she was living her life, curating the auction, giving some interviews (in which her voice sounded awful IMO), proud of her grammy nomination....and then suddenly boom...she was hit with some diagnosis that came out of nowhere, as these things sometimes tend to do. i think maybe she knew about it a couple of months before she died. and i think things progressed more quickly than she expected...

that's just my take on it.

--Lis
I agree but we will probably never know. Releasing an old hash of her non-greatest hits seems to be the furthest thing anyone would do if they were terminal. I sort of see it the opposite. When Songbird was announced and released, I was floored how she was still going and even though there were no "new" recordings, I admired her spunk to want to do the project.
You could speculate endlessly. Was her hand issue connected with her back issue. The shock of it all is why we all speculate. But I hate doing that.